Quantcast

why read operaions request at last forward to a leard?

why read operaions request at last forward to a leard?

fuyou001
This post was updated on .
Recently I have readed Zookeeer internal document,discover that a client may be follow below steps:
1:a client submits a Read/Write request to Zookeeper Server
2:if the Zookeeper Server is follower,forward to a leader
3:Leader executes and propagets status update
if a request is write operation is no problem.but why a read operation request must be forward to a Leader?

Re: why read operaions request at last forward to a leard?

Camille Fournier
Read operations don't require a forward to the leader.