Quantcast

flexible replication

abhigyan.sharma
By default each znode is replicated on all zookeper servers.

Is it possible to replicate a znode only at a subset of zookeeper servers?

Re: flexible replication

Alexander Shraer-2
No. You can however define the set of servers which need to acknowledge an
update before it completes. Others will still get the update
asynchronously.
By default a majority needs to ack every update but you can change that
using Hierarchical quorums. For example you can give different servers'
acks different weights, and more.

Alex

On Mar 14, 2013 7:02 AM, "abhigyan.sharma" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> By default each znode is replicated on all zookeper servers.
>
> Is it possible to replicate a znode only at a subset of zookeeper servers?

Re: flexible replication

Camille Fournier
No. Why do you want to do this?

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 9:14 AM, abhigyan.sharma
<[hidden email]>wrote:

> By default each znode is replicated on all zookeper servers.
>
> Is it possible to replicate a znode only at a subset of zookeeper servers?

Re: flexible replication

Flavio Junqueira-2
For scalability maybe? To me it sounds like a partitioning scheme.

-Flavio

On Mar 14, 2013, at 2:23 PM, Camille Fournier <[hidden email]> wrote:

> No. Why do you want to do this?
>

> On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 9:14 AM, abhigyan.sharma
> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> By default each znode is replicated on all zookeper servers.
>>
>> Is it possible to replicate a znode only at a subset of zookeeper servers?

Re: flexible replication

abhigyan.sharma
Our system has a policy of replicating each data-item/znode at 3 random servers out of N servers. We wanted to use Zookeeper for consistency.   -Abhigyan