barrier example

Murali Vemulapati
I believe there is a typo in the barrier example given at:

http://hadoop.apache.org/zookeeper/docs/current/zookeeperTutorial.html

With the following fix, the program runs as expected:
==============
83c83
<                 this.name = new
String(InetAddress.getLocalHost().getCanonicalHostName().toString());
---
 >                 name = new
String(InetAddress.getLocalHost().getCanonicalHostName().toString());
100c100
<                     CreateMode.EPHEMERAL_SEQUENTIAL);
---
 >                     CreateMode.EPHEMERAL);
==============
The first change assigns the name to the instance variable 'name' of
Barrier class (otherwise the 'name' instance variable will have a value
of 'null'
when calling zk.create to create the child node under the root barrier
node).
The second change lets us run multiple processes on the same machine.

thanks
murali

Re: barrier example

Patrick Hunt
Thanks for the feedback Murali, I've entered a JIRA for the issue here:

Patrick

Murali Vemulapati wrote:

> I believe there is a typo in the barrier example given at:
>
> http://hadoop.apache.org/zookeeper/docs/current/zookeeperTutorial.html
>
> With the following fix, the program runs as expected:
> ==============
> 83c83
> <                 this.name = new
> String(InetAddress.getLocalHost().getCanonicalHostName().toString());
> ---
>  >                 name = new
> String(InetAddress.getLocalHost().getCanonicalHostName().toString());
> 100c100
> <                     CreateMode.EPHEMERAL_SEQUENTIAL);
> ---
>  >                     CreateMode.EPHEMERAL);
> ==============
> The first change assigns the name to the instance variable 'name' of
> Barrier class (otherwise the 'name' instance variable will have a value
> of 'null'
> when calling zk.create to create the child node under the root barrier
> node).
> The second change lets us run multiple processes on the same machine.
>
> thanks
> murali

Re: barrier example

Patrick Hunt
I've submitted a patch for this, currently slated to be fixed in 3.1.0
and the 3.0 branch (3.0.1 fix release)

Patrick