Quantcast

Zookeeper - Network is unreachable

Ranjith Venkatesan
Hi,

I am new to zookeeper. I tried to connect Solr to zookeeper 3.4.5. I setup an zookeeper ensemble in 3 machines. When network in one of the machine is down, I am getting the following issue frequently till network is available again.

If i didnt address this issue soon, many sockets are getting open, hence "Too Many files are open" Exception is thrown in client side.

1356971 [main-SendThread(192.168.1.1:2182)] WARN  org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn  – Session 0x13fa3080e490000 for server null, unexpected error, closing socket connection and attempting reconnect
java.net.SocketException: Network is unreachable
        at sun.nio.ch.Net.connect(Native Method)
        at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.connect(SocketChannelImpl.java:525)
        at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.registerAndConnect(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:266)
        at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.connect(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:276)
        at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.startConnect(ClientCnxn.java:958)
        at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:993)

Thanks in advance

RANJITH VENKATESAN

Re: Zookeeper - Network is unreachable

shashwat shriparv
check number of open file limit for your client and server machine and try
to increase check using ulimint -a,

*Thanks & Regards    *

Shashwat Shriparv

On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 11:47 AM, Ranjith Venkatesan
<[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to zookeeper. I tried to connect Solr to zookeeper 3.4.5. I setup
> an zookeeper ensemble in 3 machines. When network in one of the machine is
> down, I am getting the following issue frequently till network is available
> again.
>
> If i didnt address this issue soon, many sockets are getting open, hence
> "Too Many files are open" Exception is thrown in client side.
>
> /1356971 [main-SendThread(192.168.1.1:2182)] WARN
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn  – Session 0x13fa3080e490000 for server
> null, unexpected error, closing socket connection and attempting reconnect
> java.net.SocketException: Network is unreachable
>         at sun.nio.ch.Net.connect(Native Method)
>         at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.connect(SocketChannelImpl.java:525)
>         at
>
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.registerAndConnect(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:266)
>         at
>
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.connect(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:276)
>         at
>
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.startConnect(ClientCnxn.java:958)
>         at
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:993)/
>
> Thanks in advance
>

> RANJITH VENKATESAN

Re: Zookeeper - Network is unreachable

Ranjith Venkatesan
Actually my question is why the number of sockets keeps on increasing.

In ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java, SocketChannel tries to connect, but network is not available for machine, so it throws SocketException as mentioned above. socketchannel is closed in catch block. But still number of sockets keeps on increasing.

Re: Zookeeper - Network is unreachable

shashwat shriparv
May be lot of connection are there in waiting state, and max connection has
reached to its limit verify that.

By seeing the error please look on this

org.apache.zookeeper.
ClientCnxn  – Session 0x13fa3080e490000 for server
null, unexpected error, closing socket connection and attempting reconnect
*java.net.SocketException: Network is unreachable*

it is saying network unreachabel, check you are able to telnet or somethin.

On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 12:39 PM, Ranjith Venkatesan
<[hidden email]>wrote:

> ClientCnxnSocketNIO.jav

*Thanks & Regards    *

Shashwat Shriparv