Zookeeper Maximum questions

Greg Thorsness
Hello everyone,

My questions are

What is the maximum number of zookeeper servers a cluster can have?
Maximum number of clients?
Maximum number of znodes?
Maximum number of children of a znode?

Any recommended limits before hitting major performance issues?

Thanks,
Greg Thorsness

Re: Zookeeper Maximum questions

Abraham Fine
Hi Greg-

Could you possibly share some details regarding  your use case?
Generally quorum sizes of 3/5/7 are typical.

I'm not sure about the absolute theoretical maximums but I can give some
recommendations based on what I have seen.

You probably do not want to have more than 10k active sessions against a
cluster.

Number of znodes/children depend on a couple factors. The size of the
znodes relative to the heap size (as the whole tree is stored in memory)
and, when listing, the number of children is practically limited by the
jute.maxBuffer size.

Thanks,
Abe