ZooKeeper 3.0 Fix Release slated for end of this week.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

ZooKeeper 3.0 Fix Release slated for end of this week.

Patrick Hunt
I've slated the 3.0.1 fix release of ZooKeeper for the end of this week.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER?report=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project:roadmap-panel

Of particular interest are exists() NPE in ZOOKEEPER-226, and some perf
issues ZOOKEEPER-212 & ZOOKEEPER-223

If there are any questions, or issues that should be included that are
not, please speak up.

Patrick
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ZooKeeper 3.0 Fix Release slated for end of this week.

Jake Thompson-2
Any status update?

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 3:29 PM, Patrick Hunt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've slated the 3.0.1 fix release of ZooKeeper for the end of this week.
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER?report=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project:roadmap-panel
>
> Of particular interest are exists() NPE in ZOOKEEPER-226, and some perf
> issues ZOOKEEPER-212 & ZOOKEEPER-223
>
> If there are any questions, or issues that should be included that are not,
> please speak up.
>
> Patrick
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ZooKeeper 3.0 Fix Release slated for end of this week.

Mahadev Konar
Hi Jake,
 We are in the process of releasing. The release is up for vote. As soon as
the release passes, we will put up the release.


Here is the email by Pat.



On 11/24/08 5:50 PM, "Patrick Hunt" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> From: Patrick Hunt <[hidden email]>
> Date: November 24, 2008 5:50:24 PM PST
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: [VOTE] Release ZooKeeper 3.0.1 (candidate 1)
>
>
> I've created a second candidate build for ZooKeeper 3.0.1.
>
> *** Please download, test and VOTE before the
> *** vote closes EOD on Friday, November 28.***
>
> http://people.apache.org/~phunt/zookeeper-3.0.1-candidate-1/
>
> The only change to rc1 from rc0 is adding a missing apache license
> header to a source file:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-232
>
> Should we release this?
>
> Patrick


Mahadev

On 12/1/08 9:45 AM, "Jake Thompson" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Any status update?
>
> On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 3:29 PM, Patrick Hunt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I've slated the 3.0.1 fix release of ZooKeeper for the end of this week.
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER?report=com.atlassian.jira.plu
>> gin.system.project:roadmap-panel
>>
>> Of particular interest are exists() NPE in ZOOKEEPER-226, and some perf
>> issues ZOOKEEPER-212 & ZOOKEEPER-223
>>
>> If there are any questions, or issues that should be included that are not,
>> please speak up.
>>
>> Patrick
>>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ZooKeeper 3.0 Fix Release slated for end of this week.

Patrick Hunt
Still waiting for the requisite +3 from Hadoop PMC. Once we get that
(missing 1 vote) I can complete the release process.

We are currently at the end of the "building" stage and waiting for the
vote:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ZooKeeper/HowToRelease

Sorry about the wait, if you'd like to follow the process more closely
you can sign up for zookeeper-dev list where the voting takes place.

Patrick

Mahadev Konar wrote:

> Hi Jake,
>  We are in the process of releasing. The release is up for vote. As soon as
> the release passes, we will put up the release.
>
>
> Here is the email by Pat.
>
>
>
> On 11/24/08 5:50 PM, "Patrick Hunt" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> From: Patrick Hunt <[hidden email]>
>> Date: November 24, 2008 5:50:24 PM PST
>> To: [hidden email]
>> Subject: [VOTE] Release ZooKeeper 3.0.1 (candidate 1)
>>
>>
>> I've created a second candidate build for ZooKeeper 3.0.1.
>>
>> *** Please download, test and VOTE before the
>> *** vote closes EOD on Friday, November 28.***
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~phunt/zookeeper-3.0.1-candidate-1/
>>
>> The only change to rc1 from rc0 is adding a missing apache license
>> header to a source file:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-232
>>
>> Should we release this?
>>
>> Patrick
>
>
> Mahadev
>
> On 12/1/08 9:45 AM, "Jake Thompson" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Any status update?
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 3:29 PM, Patrick Hunt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> I've slated the 3.0.1 fix release of ZooKeeper for the end of this week.
>>>
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER?report=com.atlassian.jira.plu
>>> gin.system.project:roadmap-panel
>>>
>>> Of particular interest are exists() NPE in ZOOKEEPER-226, and some perf
>>> issues ZOOKEEPER-212 & ZOOKEEPER-223
>>>
>>> If there are any questions, or issues that should be included that are not,
>>> please speak up.
>>>
>>> Patrick
>>>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Zookeeper for web service orchestration

Bilal Zaka
In reply to this post by Mahadev Konar
Hi
did anyone tried using zookeepr for orchestration of web services? if so..
any references?


regards,

bilal