ZOOKEEPER-1416 - can we get some movement?

ZOOKEEPER-1416 - can we get some movement?

Jordan Zimmerman-3
Hi Folks,

The number of watches in our system here at Elastic Cloud is causing severe problems. I created a patch that implements ZOOKEEPER-1416 in March. We'd really love to see some movement on this. It would reduce the number of watches in our system by orders of magnitude. I'm sure we're not the only ones that would benefit from this change. Note: this change leaves the old implementation intact - it's merely additive.

What can be done on this? I'd be happy to make any changes - I've responded to all the comments on the issue I believe.

Thank you!

-Jordan

Re: ZOOKEEPER-1416 - can we get some movement?

Abraham Fine
I'll take a look.

On Tue, Aug 1, 2017, at 11:42, Jordan Zimmerman wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> The number of watches in our system here at Elastic Cloud is causing
> severe problems. I created a patch that implements ZOOKEEPER-1416 in
> March. We'd really love to see some movement on this. It would reduce the
> number of watches in our system by orders of magnitude. I'm sure we're
> not the only ones that would benefit from this change. Note: this change
> leaves the old implementation intact - it's merely additive.
>
> What can be done on this? I'd be happy to make any changes - I've
> responded to all the comments on the issue I believe.
>
> Thank you!
>
> -Jordan

Re: ZOOKEEPER-1416 - can we get some movement?

Jordan Zimmerman-3
Any thoughts?

> On Aug 3, 2017, at 5:58 PM, Abraham Fine <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'll take a look.
>
> On Tue, Aug 1, 2017, at 11:42, Jordan Zimmerman wrote:
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> The number of watches in our system here at Elastic Cloud is causing
>> severe problems. I created a patch that implements ZOOKEEPER-1416 in
>> March. We'd really love to see some movement on this. It would reduce the
>> number of watches in our system by orders of magnitude. I'm sure we're
>> not the only ones that would benefit from this change. Note: this change
>> leaves the old implementation intact - it's merely additive.
>>
>> What can be done on this? I'd be happy to make any changes - I've
>> responded to all the comments on the issue I believe.
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>> -Jordan

Re: ZOOKEEPER-1416 - can we get some movement?

Abraham Fine
Should have some feedback by the end of the day, sorry for the delay.

Abe