ZK recovery questions

ZK recovery questions – Hi, I've been reading the docs and trying out some basic Zookeeper examples. I have a few simple questions related to recovery. It would be go...
On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 3:34 PM, Ashwin Jayaprakash < ashwin.jayaprakash@...> wrote: > > - If 1 out of 3 servers crashes and th...
Cool. I've only tried the single node server so far. I didn't know it could sync from other senior servers. Server/Cluster addresses: I read so...
Hi Ashwin, We have seen people wanting to have something like ZooKeeper without the reliability of permanent storage and are willing to work wi...
Hi Mahadev, I'd love to but I don't have access to server class machines at home/personal time. Let me see if I can squeeze in some time to ge...
I did try a quick test on Windows (yes, some of us use Windows :) I thought simply changing the "dataDir" to the "/dev/null"...
i did a benchmark a while back to see the effect of turning off the disk. (it wasn't as big as you would think.) i had to modify the code. the...
My own experiments in my own environment where ZK is being used purely for coordination at a fairly low transaction rate (tens to hundreds of ops...
Not having a datadir is currently not possible - the servers expect to read/write snapshot and log files. In particular the leader needs to be ...
They don't auto-detect. What is usually done is that the configurations on all the servers are changed and they are re-started one at a time. ...