Version 3.0

Avinash Lakshman
Hi All

When is 3.0 going to be made available? The download link at the Apache site
doesn't seem to work. I thought Oct. 23rd was the D'Day for release.

Avinash

Re: Version 3.0

Patrick Hunt
Thanks for the reminder Avinash, a release candidate for ZooKeeper 3.0.0
was created on Tuesday Oct21 and put up for voting!

The process/rules for this process is detailed at:
   http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ZooKeeper/HowToRelease
   http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html#ReleaseVotes

The "Building" section has been completed, we are just waiting for the
vote to settle (3 biz days -- so EOD on friday), after which if there
are at least 3 +1 votes by Hadoop PMC members, and no -1 votes from
anyone, we will complete the release process and publish our first
official Apache ZooKeeper release.

I'll keep you posted on the status (voting is underway on the
zookeeper-dev list, once the release is official I will send
notification to the user list).

Regards,

Patrick