Read Write Performance Graphs

Stu Hood
Question regarding the current docs: the "Reliability in the Presence of Errors" graph on http://hadoop.apache.org/zookeeper/docs/current/zookeeperOver.html does not list how many ZooKeeper quorum nodes are in use, or the fraction of reads/writes.

I'd like to use the graphic in a presentation, but I'm sure someone will ask these questions.

Thanks tons!

Stu Hood
Architecture Software Developer
Mailtrust, a Division of Rackspace

RE: Read Write Performance Graphs

Benjamin Reed-2
That graph is taken from a paper we will be publishing as a tech report.
Here is the missing text:
To show the behavior of the system over time as failures are injected we
ran a ZooKeeper service made up of 7 machines. We ran the same
saturation benchmark as before, but this time we kept the write
percentage at a constant 30\%, which is a conservative ratio of our
expected workloads.

Mailtrust, a Division of Rackspace

Re: Read Write Performance Graphs

Patrick Hunt
Thanks for the report Stu. I have created a jira to address this:

Feel free to create jiras for any documentation issues you might find.
We are keen on improving the docs now that we have a more structured
format (we are using apache forrest). Just assign the jira to the
"documentation" component.

Regards,

Patrick