Quantcast

New project: Pravega

Flavio Junqueira-3
Hi there,

I wanted to share with both communities the news that we have open-source a
project that I have been working on for the past few months: Pravega.
Pravega is storage for streams and we have decided to make it publicly
available at an earlier stage to build a community that will help us drive
the project in the right direction.

The project uses both Apache BookKeeper and Apache ZooKeeper, which is the
main reason I wanted to share the news with you. This project is not an
incubating Apache project, which might happen in the near future, but we
haven't really made that call yet.

If you are interested, check out the web site and github repo:

Web site: http://pravega.io
Github repo: http://github.com/pravega/pravega

Thanks,
-Flavio

Re: New project: Pravega

Jorge Fonseca
Good ! Congrats !

To clarify our minds: what is the main difference between Pravega and Kafka?

> Hi there,
>
> I wanted to share with both communities the news that we have open-source a
> project that I have been working on for the past few months: Pravega.
> Pravega is storage for streams and we have decided to make it publicly
> available at an earlier stage to build a community that will help us drive
> the project in the right direction.
>
> The project uses both Apache BookKeeper and Apache ZooKeeper, which is the
> main reason I wanted to share the news with you. This project is not an
> incubating Apache project, which might happen in the near future, but we
> haven't really made that call yet.
>
> If you are interested, check out the web site and github repo:
>
> Web site: http://pravega.io
> Github repo: http://github.com/pravega/pravega
>
> Thanks,
> -Flavio

Re: New project: Pravega

Edward Ribeiro
Hey, Flávio,

Congratulations! It's nice to see both ZooKeeper and BookKeeper being used
in more projects! Pravenga is very interesting, gonna read the docs asap.
Best of luck to the project :D

Cheers,
Ed