Quantcast

Latency

Deepa
Hi,

  In the ZK programmer's guide, under the section :Things to remember about Watches, it is mentioned that there is latency between getting the event and sending new request to get a watch. Usually how much is the latency number??

Thanks
Deepa

Re: Latency

Deepa
I have a case when the node gets updated frequently, and there is a latency between getting the event notification and re registering the watch on the same node. During this, the node gets many updates, but the watch is triggered only for 1 update. Can I actually get all the changes made on the node?Please comment.

Thanks
Deepa

Re: Latency

David Nickerson
No, you cannot get all the changes made on the node.

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 9:48 AM, Deepa <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have a case when the node gets updated frequently, and there is a latency
> between getting the event notification and re registering the watch on the
> same node. During this, the node gets many updates, but the watch is
> triggered only for 1 update. Can I actually get all the changes made on the
> node?Please comment.
>
> Thanks
> Deepa

Re: Latency

Camille Fournier
You will only get notified once per time when you set a watch. The point of
watches is to indicate that something happened, but the act of that thing
happening needs to be done in such a way for the person notified of the
watch to determine what they need by reading the node or the child
structure or whatever. You can't be guaranteed to receive every action that
happens on a node, as per the documentation.