Hadoop Camp next month

Owen O'Malley-4
Hi all,
   I'd like to remind everyone that the Hadoop Camp & ApacheCon US is
coming up in New Orleans next month. http://tinyurl.com/hadoop-camp

It will be the largest gathering of Hadoop developers outside of
California. We'll have:

Core: Doug Cutting, Dhruba Borthakur, Arun Murthy, Owen O'Malley,
Sameer Paranjpye,
            Sanjay Radia, Tom White
Zookeeper: Ben Reed

There will also be a training session on Practical Problem Solving
with Hadoop by Milind Bhandarkar on Monday.

So if you'd like to meet the developers or find out more about Hadoop,
come join us!

-- Owen

Hadoop User Group (Bay Area) Oct 15th

Ajay Anand-2
The next Bay Area User Group meeting is scheduled for October 15th at
Yahoo! 2821 Mission College Blvd, Santa Clara, Building 1, Training
Rooms 3 & 4 from 6:00-7:30 pm.

Agenda:
- Exploiting database join techniques for analytics with Hadoop: Jun
Rao, IBM
- Jaql Update: Kevin Beyer, IBM
- Experiences moving a Petabyte Data Center: Sriram Rao, Quantcast

Look forward to seeing you there!
Ajay

Re: Hadoop Camp next month

Milind Bhandarkar

Just received an email from ApacheCon US organizers that they are giving 50%
discount for Hadoop Training
(http://us.apachecon.com/c/acus2008/sessions/93).

----
>We just created a discount code for you to give people 50% off of the
>cost of the training. The code is <  Hadoop50  >  The discount would
>apply only to the Training.
----

Hope to see you there !

- Milind

--
Milind Bhandarkar
Y!IM: GridSolutions
([hidden email])

RE: Hadoop Camp next month

Jim Kellerman (POWERSET)

---
Jim Kellerman, Powerset (Live Search, Microsoft Corporation)

Hadoop User Group (Bay Area) Nov 19th

Ajay Anand-2
The next Bay Area Hadoop User Group meeting is scheduled for Wednesday,
November 19th at Yahoo! 2821 Mission College Blvd, Santa Clara, Building
1, Training Rooms 3 & 4 from 6:00-7:30 pm.

Join us for a talk on Chukwa, a Hadoop based large scale performance
monitoring system.

Please register at: http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/1363930/

Look forward to seeing you there!
Ajay

RE: Hadoop User Group (Bay Area) Nov 19th

Ajay Anand-2
Please note that the room for this has been changed to Yahoo! Mission
College Building 2, Training Rooms 5 & 6.
Thanks
Ajay