Any way to get information about cluster in CLI mode

Any way to get information about cluster in CLI mode

Pavel Drankov
Hi,

I'd like to know is there any way to get information about cluster(amount
of nodes e.g.) from Zookeeper CLI? If not what should be used instead?

One more question: when providing connectString(comma separated addresses)
is that okay to not provide in the string all nodes in a cluster?

Best wishes,
Pavel

Re: Any way to get information about cluster in CLI mode

Abraham Fine
Hi Pavel-

The ZooKeeper CLI does not have a way to get information about the
cluster. Although, there are other ways to get that information. You can
use four letter words
(https://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.4.10/zookeeperAdmin.html#sc_zkCommands)
or JMX (https://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.4.10/zookeeperJMX.html).

If you are running a version >= 3.5.0 you can use the AdminServer
(https://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.5.3-beta/zookeeperAdmin.html#sc_adminserver),
which provides the same functionality as four letter words.

Regarding your second question, it is ok to not include all of the nodes
on the cluster. Just be aware that a client will only be aware of the
nodes provided in the connection string and will not be able to connect
if all of the nodes provided are unavailable.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Abe

On Tue, Nov 7, 2017, at 05:58, Pavel Drankov wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to know is there any way to get information about cluster(amount
> of nodes e.g.) from Zookeeper CLI? If not what should be used instead?
>
> One more question: when providing connectString(comma separated
> addresses)
> is that okay to not provide in the string all nodes in a cluster?
>
> Best wishes,
> Pavel

Re: Any way to get information about cluster in CLI mode

Alexander Shraer-2
In 3.5 there is also the "config" CLI command described here:
https://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/trunk/zookeeperReconfig.html#sc_reconfig_retrieving

Alex

On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 11:34 AM, Abraham Fine <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Pavel-
>
> The ZooKeeper CLI does not have a way to get information about the
> cluster. Although, there are other ways to get that information. You can
> use four letter words
> (https://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.4.10/zookeeperAdmin.
> html#sc_zkCommands)
> or JMX (https://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.4.10/zookeeperJMX.html).
>
> If you are running a version >= 3.5.0 you can use the AdminServer
> (https://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.5.3-beta/zookeeperAdmin.html#sc_
> adminserver),
> which provides the same functionality as four letter words.
>
> Regarding your second question, it is ok to not include all of the nodes
> on the cluster. Just be aware that a client will only be aware of the
> nodes provided in the connection string and will not be able to connect
> if all of the nodes provided are unavailable.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Thanks,
> Abe
>
> On Tue, Nov 7, 2017, at 05:58, Pavel Drankov wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'd like to know is there any way to get information about cluster(amount
> > of nodes e.g.) from Zookeeper CLI? If not what should be used instead?
> >
> > One more question: when providing connectString(comma separated
> > addresses)
> > is that okay to not provide in the string all nodes in a cluster?
> >
> > Best wishes,
> > Pavel

Re: Any way to get information about cluster in CLI mode

Pavel Drankov
Hi Alex,

That is what i was looking for. Thank you!

Best wishes,
Pavel