Any technical reasons that the 3.5.x series is still in beta?

Any technical reasons that the 3.5.x series is still in beta?

Jeff Widman
Is there any technical reasons the 3.5.x series is still in beta?

Looking through existing issues, I don't see anything critical that makes
3.5.x less stable than the 3.4.x series...

If the answer is "no tech reason, just the social reason that no maintainer
has had time to push through a full stable release", then I understand that
perfectly...

--

*Jeff Widman*
jeffwidman.com <http://www.jeffwidman.com/> | 740-WIDMAN-J (943-6265)
<><

Re: Any technical reasons that the 3.5.x series is still in beta?

Patrick Hunt
On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 3:47 PM, Jeff Widman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is there any technical reasons the 3.5.x series is still in beta?
>
> Looking through existing issues, I don't see anything critical that makes
> 3.5.x less stable than the 3.4.x series...
>
> If the answer is "no tech reason, just the social reason that no maintainer
> has had time to push through a full stable release", then I understand that
> perfectly...

Mostly. However there is
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-2901 which is a very
serious regression and currently blocking 3.5.4.

Patrick