Any practical limits to the number of znodes?

Any practical limits to the number of znodes?

Jon Stefansson
I am considering using ZooKeeper as a Lock mechanism in an application that
eventually could produce several hundred thousand znodes per day. The znodes
will contain little or no data. There will just be a lot of them.
I don't see anything in the ZooKeeper documentation regarding znode size
constraints. Is this a good use case for ZooKeeper?

Re: Any practical limits to the number of znodes?

Mahadev Konar
Hi Jon,
  We do not have any limit on the number of znodes in Zookeeper. Its mainly
limited by memory, since it keeps the whole namespace in memory.

Also the lock mechanism is a good use case for zookeeper.
It is listed as one of the recipes for zookeeper.

http://hadoop.apache.org/zookeeper/docs/r3.0.1/recipes.html#sc_recipes_Locks

mahadev